Feb 2, 2016

LESSology Challenge #55: Creative inspiration of Yvonne Yam

 photo Challenge-55-Pretty-Tassels-design-team-projects_zpsomxtzwyk.jpg

Tassels are all the rage now....in bags, clothing, accessories and even home decor. Let's check out how design team member Yvonne Yam incorporated a pretty tassel on her project for LESSology Challenge #55: Pretty Tassels

Yvonne Yam photo Design-team-member-Yvonne.gif

Shhhh....don't tell on me...but I'm one of those tassel collectors. I have them in all the different materials like suede and leather. *winks*


I started this mixed media canvas by adhering remnant bits of lace and wrapping tissue to create a textured background. Then I glued on the blooms and leaves. After that, I covered the whole canvas with a light wash of gesso before adding mists.


Then I added finishing touches like the pearls and bling.


My tassel was originally pink suede.....I misted it to match the lilac hues on this mixed media canvas.




5 comments:

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Pretty canvas Yvonne! :)

SD pooja said...

Loads n lots of flowers !!loved it !!

SD pooja said...

Loads n lots of flowers !!loved it !!

Curls N Twirls said...

Its So pretty .. !! Loved the blooms.. And the tassle too :) .. I love your collection of tassle as I see it in many of your projects :)

Lisa said...

So beautiful! And how lucky that I just received a beautiful tassel last month!